[CT Birds] Stamford Painted Bunting Continues:

jaybrd49 at aol.com jaybrd49 at aol.com
Mon Feb 8 16:54:04 EST 2016

Hi Dave!

You may relay to your brother-in-law that while Painted Bunting is not an expected species here in Connecticut, there are numerous records.  The Avian Records Committee reviews records of rare species reported in the state and if you go to the web site of the Connecticut Ornithological Association, you can view the Committee's annual reports.  In this age of digital photography, many of the more recent records are accompanied by photographic evidence.  There are several Painted Bunting reports that will be evaluated at our next meeting to be held later this month.  Your brother-in-law is welcome to contact me for additional information.

Sincerely,

Jay Kaplan, Chair
Avian Records Committee