[CT Birds] Robins, Siskin and more...

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 9 18:06:07 EST 2016

Today, on way to a meeting in Litchfield CT, I birded 2 rds. Buell Rd and Chestnut hill rd.Their were hundreds of Robin just about everywhere! In total, I would estimate I saw over 2,000 Robin, and probably more cuz I stopped counting. I also had on Buell rd on a home site that had lots of young White Birch, 25 Pine Siskin eating the Catkin cones. The Robins were eating the abundant crab apples, and berry bushes loaded with berries seen everywhere. On coming back through Torrington center, I also saw Robin in the hundreds along the Housatonic river. I believe they are heading north a bit early? Had other common birds of which their were 2 Pileated Woodpecker courting, and a bunch of Blackbird incl Cowbirds and Grackles.
Paul Carrier - Harwinton