[CT Birds] East River Boat Launch Ramp

sffaulkner at comcast.net sffaulkner at comcast.net
Wed Feb 10 17:46:15 EST 2016

Hi Kathy,

Thanks for representing us -- very much appreciated!

This is off your primary topic, but if you have the chance I'd love for you to express two things to the DEEP folks:

1) the changes at Hammo seem very detrimental toward birders and nature lovers; new paving and recreational facilities are being added for the non-nature-oriented public at the expense of our natural areas. I wish they'd consider these in their plans.

2) I'd like to ask that there be areas at Hammo that are dog-free, with the suggestion of Willard Island and the area north/east of the nature center. I was there two weeks ago and there was not a 50' space that was not occupied by a dog -- it looked like dog day at the park. Birding was completely ruined with absolutely nowhere to go. (Note: the dog owners were very courteous and cleaning up after their leashed pets -- this is not a complaint about the owners).

thanks much

Sarah Faulkner
Collinsville