[CT Birds] Turkeys, Towhees at feeder and Cardinals Pairing Up in Burlington. Bluejay hordes.

Jonathan Schwartz jonathan at jschwartz.com
Thu Feb 11 16:46:08 EST 2016

Now that the snow is finally here, turkeys are finally coming to my feeders.

Instead of the usual half dozen blue jays I am now seeing 2 dozen or more
at the seed, nonstop.

I expected that the cold air would send my female towhee south but just
heard her chewinking in the brush pile where she has lived all winter.

Cardinals are starting to pair up - lots of singing and hanging out
together after seeing only singletons all winter.

Jon

"The Internet:  Spreading Ignorance, Fear, and Outrage at the speed of
light."

Information for students, parents and teachers at http://www.jschwartz.com