[CT Birds] Follow up on Duck Stamp Issue
PCOMINS at audubon.org
Fri Feb 12 11:40:01 EST 2016
It was suggested that I share some more details, which are below:
The Proposed Rule for the Revision of Federal Migratory Bird Hunting and Conservation Stamp (Duck Stamp) Contest Regulations has opened in the Federal Register.
The docket number is FWS-HQ-MB-2015-0161
To Access the Proposed Rule
* The easiest way that I have found to access it is to go to:
* In the search box type in the docket number FWS-HQ-MB-2015-0161
* Click on the title
* You can read the proposal either on screen or download it as a pdf
* Access and read the document
* From this screen you can comment on the proposed rule electronically
* You may also send in hard copy comments but please read the instructions
* Comments will be taken until 14 March 2016 (32 days)
* PLEASE READ the information on commenting - there is a pretty decent Help/FAQ section which can guide you through the process and advise you about commenting (e.g., it may be helpful to know that you cannot revise/edit your comments after you submit them)
* Only comments that are sent in through the official process as described in the document will be able to be considered
* I cannot register your comments
- - - - -
Yes, there's a bit of time for comments, until 14 March.
You may also want to look at what others said in the recent past about this idea:
Patrick M. Comins, Director of Bird Conservation, Audubon Connecticut
Your Legacy is Audubon's Future!
Bequests have been essential sources of support for Audubon since the beginning of our Society - Audubon was founded with a Legacy Gift!
Planned gifts of all sizes can have a profound impact on the vital work we do. They can also provide tax incentives like reducing estate income taxes.
To learn more how planned giving can support Audubon Connecticut, and our Centers, please click here http://ct.audubon.org/planned-giving
More information about the CTBirds