[CT Birds] Rough-legged Update

Mike Warner mjwarner at optonline.net
Sat Feb 13 15:54:39 EST 2016

2/13/16 3:30 pm Stratford Great Marsh.
Bird is finding success hunting in the marsh north of the airport.  When I came back toward the airport after the first sighting, I saw it on the ground fairly close to the road feeding on something.  It briefly arose after I parked in front of the airport then disappeared  quickly so I think it pounced on another meal. This is a very dark bird with only a hint of a lighter color in the secondaries which help outline the carpal patch.   Also seen by Tim Thompson and Jason Rieger.

Mike Warner
Wilton Ct

Sent from my iPhone