[CT Birds] Great Backyard Bird Count, misses

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Sun Feb 14 14:35:28 EST 2016

Here are some misses  (hopefully the formatting comes through this time):

Here are some misses:

Pink-footed and Ross's Goose (maybe moved on)

Cackling Goose

Blue-winged Teal

Northern Shoveler

Either Eider

Harlequin Duck (I thought I saw one reported)

White-winged and Black Scoter

Northern Bobwhite, not that it counts

Ruffed Grouse

Pacific Loon (one can hope)

Red-necked Grebe (eared or western would be nice)

Northern Fulmar Ha!

American Bittern

Snowy Egret

Black-crowned Night-Heron

an early Osprey

Golden Eagle

Northern Goshawk

any rails

American Oystercatcher

Ruddy Turnstone

Any other alcid

rare gulls, maybe Glaucous too

Ross's Gull

Barn, Snowy, Short-eared, Long-eared, Northern Saw-Whet, Great Gray, Boreal, Northern Hawk Owls

Any hummingbirds

Red-headed Woodpecker

Eastern Phoebe

Northern Shrike

Varied Thrush and Mountain Bluebird while I'm at it.

Any more warblers

Either of the buntings that have been around (not sure last date on either)

Rusty Blackbird

redpoll (probably not around and the above report may get scratched)

Thanks for your help, good luck and find something good!

Patrick and Greg.

Phone: (203)405-9115

Your Legacy is Audubon's Future!