[CT Birds] Red Kite

Christine Marsh-Rijssenbeek marshrijssenbeek at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 15 16:28:55 EST 2016

Greetings Connecticut birders. I realize this is off your usual bird beat, but I just had to share it with someone. I saw a magnificent, mature Red Kite this afternoon. I was in the Genevois vineyards next to CERN. It circled overhead then soared off to the NW over the Jura. The spring migration from Africa is just beginning here.  Also owls are very active as of last night.
We live between Redding, CT and Geneva so I keep up with your news while I'm here. If anyone is visiting this area please contact me. I've just discovered a huge preserve that stretches from here (Thoiry, France - 2 miles from Geneva) to the Rhône valley. Also our house backs up to the Jura which is the largest nature preserve in France. I would enjoy sharing these sites with English speaking birders.
Kind regards. Christine Marsh-Rijssenbeek

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.