[CT Birds] Plum Island legislative hearing

Kathy Van Der Aue kathyvda at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 12:55:01 EST 2016

This is the essence of a post I received from the CT Fund for the
Environment asking for support of Senate Joint Resolution 4 regarding the
proposed auction of Plum Island and where to send comments:

   - Plum is an important bird area for migratory birds, both nationally
   and internationally.
   - Nearly 80% of Plum Island remains undeveloped and should not be sold
   to the highest bidder at public auction, which would virtually eliminate
   the chance for a conservation sale.
   - The waters around Plum Island support many aquatic species, including
   those valuable to the food chain of Long Island Sound and our local fishers.

Join us in supporting the Connecticut General Assembly and the permanent
preservation of Plum Island!

*To speak up:*
Please email a copy of your testimony to envtestimony at cga.ct.gov. You can
also speak up in person on Friday at the public hearing, which will be in
room 2B of the Legislative Office Building at 300 Capitol Avenue in
Hartford. Thank you!

Kathy Van Der Aue
Southport, Connecticut