[CT Birds] GBBC last day update

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Mon Feb 15 08:17:01 EST 2016

We now stand at a preliminary 135 species on the count.  We've added Common Eider, Red-necked Grebe, Long-eared Owl, Pine Warbler, Rusty Blackbird,  and Eastern Meadowlark and subtracted Glaucous Gull, Winter Wren and Common Redpoll.   Last I had heard from Greg we;re still waiting for a confirmed Swamp Sparrow.    A Snowy Owl was seen at Milford Point on Friday, but not ebirded.

Here is an updated list of missing birds in case you had any of them since Friday or want to go looking today:

Here are some misses:

Pink-footed and Ross's Goose (maybe moved on)

Cackling Goose (still missing)

Blue-winged Teal

Northern Shoveler

King Eider

Harlequin Duck (I thought I saw one reported)

White-winged! and Black Scoter

Northern Bobwhite, not that it counts

Ruffed Grouse

Pacific Loon (one can hope)

(eared or western grebe would be nice)

Northern Fulmar Ha!

American Bittern

Snowy Egret

Black-crowned Night-Heron

an early Osprey

Golden Eagle

Northern Goshawk

any rails

American Oystercatcher

Ruddy Turnstone

American Woodcock

Any other alcid besides Razorbill

Glaucous Gull

rare gulls

Barn, Snowy, Short-eared, Northern Saw-Whet, Great Gray, Boreal, Northern Hawk Owls

Any hummingbirds

Red-headed Woodpecker

Gyrfalcon

Eastern Phoebe

Northern Shrike

Fieldfare

Redwing

Blackbird

Varied Thrush and Mountain Bluebird while I'm at it.

Any more warblers

Either of the buntings that have been around (not sure last date on either)

Rusty Blackbird

redpoll (not likely )

crossbills (not likely)

Patrick & Greg