[CT Birds] off topic: Zika Virus lecture at the Peabody

Lemmon lemmon at snet.net
Mon Feb 15 11:41:09 EST 2016

Sorry, attached photo did not forward.  Here are the details for this free lecture. If you are planning to bird the tropics you may want to go to this.

Zika and the Aedes Mosquito: What We Know and Don't Know

|  Wednesday, February 17, 5:30-6:30PM
 Yale Peabody Museum |

|  With the Zika virus dominating headlines today, join us at the Yale Peabody Museum for a special discussion of the virus and its insect carrier. Our speakers Drs. Leonard Munstermann and Jeffrey Powell will discuss the virus, its mosquito host, and their work in the forests of Africa and South America. Dr. Leonard Munstermann is Senior Research Scientist in Microbial Diseases, Yale School of Public Health; and Head Curator of Entomology, Yale Peabody Museum Dr. Jeffrey Powell is Professor of Ecology & Evolutionary Biology and Professor of Environmental Sciences, Yale School of Forestry & Environmental Studies and Yale School of Public Health |