[CT Birds] Bald Eagles in New Haven

Dennis Riordan driordan at snet.net
Mon Feb 15 12:01:38 EST 2016

This may be the same pair of adult Bald Eagles that Corrie Folson-O’Keefe, Harry Coyle, and I had outside the Barnard Nature Center last Wednesday afternoon. The pair were in the trees along the lagoon for about 30 minutes before flying down to the Osprey platform opposite the MLK and Ella Grasso intersection. Could they be checking out the area for a nest site? Ospreys have been nesting on all three platforms along the West River in that area; there would be plenty of fish for the eagles to steal.

Dennis Riordan