[CT Birds] No Townsends Solitaire

Paul Desjardins paul.desjardins2 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 15:49:31 EST 2016

Tim. I know the feeling. I was with a birding group in Miami a number of years ago looking for exotics which I am not too keen about but being that they are countable we slowly drove through a residential neighborhood looking for them. Not long after remarking to her that I felt uneasy about this a woman appeared in her front yard with a cell phone in her hand. Soon a vehicle showed up that was driven by some sort of neighborhood watchdog group who wanted to know what we were doing. We explained our purpose to him and that satisfied him. Be that as it may it always makes me feel uncomfortable when walking through residential neighborhoods. Even if the neighbors have been warned in advance of hordes of birders about to arrive! I would strongly urge birders to NEVER look directly at the houses on the street!

Paul Desjardins
Windsor Locks