[CT Birds] eBird historical Re: Meriden birds 1886

Arthur Shippee ashippee at snet.net
Tue Feb 16 16:30:17 EST 2016

NABP sounds great, tx., Roy.

eBird has a "historical" option, and allows years back to 1800.  They explain the option like this:

"Birding was your primary purpose, but you cannot estimate start time, duration, and distance; use Traveling or Stationary if you can estimate these.

"Birders often have complete checklists of birds from their local area or trips abroad. These can be entered as Traveling or Stationary counts if reasonable estimates of start time, duration, and distance can be entered. This Historical protocol indicates that effort is uncertain, but birding was your primary purpose."

We have options!

	Arthur Shippee, Hamden.