[CT Birds] Winds tonight

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Wed Feb 24 21:15:01 EST 2016

The winds are really whipping from the south tonight.   Tomorrow might be a good day to go out and look for southern vagrants, seabirds or early spring arrivals.  It is a bit early for spring overshoot weather, but this is the type of weather system that often brings migrants further up the coast than they'd hoped.

The pattern is somewhat apparent in the regular wind map http://hint.fm/wind/

But really visible in the global wind map that shows offshore winds:

http://earth.nullschool.net/#current/wind/surface/level/orthographic=-69.66,26.82,1117

Patrick

Phone: (203)405-9115

Your Legacy is Audubon's Future!