[CT Birds] CTBIRDING.ORG domain vendor change

Steve Morytko smorytko at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 28 16:52:57 EST 2016

Later tonight after 9pm I will initiate a change that will transfer our domain name registrar to another vendor. This might cause a short 5 minute disruption of service accessing the COA website and CTBirds list *when the old registrar effects the switch to the new one*.
Experience suggests it's wise to forewarn our stakeholders just in case there is an unexpected problem. It is quite likely that no one will even notice assuming the process goes smoothly. Worst case the website and CTBirds will not be reachable until any problems are corrected.
I will be monitoring the change status closely but not constantly during this transition. The change can take place anytime shortly after I initiate it or up to 7 days later. The timing of the change is not within our control but I do expect it will take less than 1 day to complete the process. I will post here again after the change is in place.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding. Steve Morytko - COA web admin