[CT Birds] Haddam, Cardinal behavior

Dan Rottino rottino at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 23 14:03:19 EST 2016

I had this several times with a Cardinal and also Robins.  I folded in mirrors on the cars and covered them with plastic bags when parked.  Of course you have to keep doing it everytime you go out and return.  And you have to do it for all vehicles.  Once I deterred the Cardinal from the vehicles it would fling itself at the house windows instead.  All of this in the early morning when trying to sleep so I was forced into birding evey morning whether I had intended to go birding or not.  Then I had to put up decals, curtains and paper to block the windows.  Every time I blocked a window it moved to attack a different one.  I blocked the basement windows with plant flats but it would squeeze in behind them at the edge.  Four weeks last spring of thump thump thump  . . .  My wife and I took turns getting out of bed to chase it off so the rest of us could sleep:  "The Cardinal". Its your turn . . .

Dan Rottino
East Haddam, CT