[CT Birds] Geese on Somers Mill Pond

Jim Pfeifer Jim.Pfeifer at erm.com
Thu Feb 25 11:20:48 EST 2016

Sorry for the late post, but yesterday (2/24) afternoon, before the hurricane hit, there were roughly 1,500-2,000 Canada Geese on the pond here in Somers.  This is the first time this year I've seen notable numbers of geese on the pond, which is unusual.  With the dreadful rainy weather conditions yesterday, I was not able to easily scan the flock, but I was able to pick out one Cackling Goose.  I wonder if this is part of the group that spent most of the winter in Broad Brook?