[CT Birds] Stratford Snowy Owl

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Mon Feb 29 11:32:57 EST 2016

I just saw a flock of crows chasing a white raptor by my window at Stratford Point and grabbed the camera and ran.   It was one of the Snowy Owls.   The Great Black-backed Gulls joined/took over the chase and chased it back towards the breakwater.  I didn't check to see if it landed there though, but it is probably the place to check.

Still a good flock of Snow Buntings around.  The Surf Scoters were a bit closer to shore than they have been this winter.   A flock of mixed scaup flew by and there are some American Tree Sparrows near the old feed plot.   Also a flock of Brant flying by, which have been quite scarce this winter.

Patrick

Phone: (203)405-9115
Your Legacy is Audubon's Future!