[CT Birds] Red-headed Woodpecker

Angela Dimmitt angeladimmitt at aol.com
Sun Mar 6 12:51:53 EST 2016

More to add re red-headed Woodpecker:  Frank M. Chapman's "Birds of Eastern North America" published 1895, states:
"Range: Eastern North America; breeds from Florida to northern New York and Manitoba; winters from Virginia, and occasionally from norther New York southward."
Further:  "Washington, rather common S.R., rare W.V. Sing Sing, rare P.R., common in fall, Aug.27 to Oct.12.  Cambridge, irregular at all seasons;  sometimes common in fall."

Angela Dimmitt
New Milfrd