[CT Birds] Into the 21st Century

Kathy Van Der Aue kathyvda at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 09:10:31 EST 2016

I can't recommend eBird highly enough.  I have an iPhone, but eBird is
probably available on all phones.  If you've never used it, it is
invaluable with the phone app for keeping lists in the field.  It
automatically tells you of any rarities so you can photograph and take
notes in case you want to submit it to the Avian Records Committee.  The
regular site is great for all sorts of research, plus it automatically
keeps your life list.  Everyone should use it as it has become the data
collector for bird sightings and a research tool that is contributing
enormously to our understanding of phenomena such as migration and
population trends.  It's all through the Cornell Lab.  COA periodically
will hold an eBird Workshop.

Kathy Van Der Aue
Southport, Connecticut