[CT Birds] Northern Goshawk

Jim Pfeifer Jim.Pfeifer at erm.com
Thu Mar 3 11:10:48 EST 2016

Took a drive south along old Main St. in S. Windsor yesterday at 9:30 am (3/2), and while at the intersection of Old Main St. and Strong Road, I had an immature Goshawk fly over the car south and land in an old beat up spruce tree on the east side of old main St.  Got very good looks while perched for about 2 mins.  The size alone ruled out Coopers - In flight, I actually thought it was a Buteo initially.

About 20 mins later, Black Vulture also seen same day flying over rte. 91 in Windsor.