[CT Birds] Video of the Red-headed Woodpecker in Hadlyme

Kathy Van Der Aue kathyvda at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 09:11:46 EST 2016

I noticed in the document Melissa Baston posted on the 1886 Birds of
Meriden that the Red-headed Woodpecker was listed as having nested there
although rare.  I had thought it was a southern species now extending its
range but perhaps it was driven out of Connecticut by some factor (habitat
loss?) and is just now repopulating it.

Kathy Van Der Aue
Southport, Connecticut