[CT Birds] COA Gull Workshop

Christopher Loscalzo closcalz at optonline.net
Tue Mar 8 18:45:17 EST 2016

CT Birders:

Nick Bonomo's post from earlier today about the beginning of the plankton
feeding along the coast by gulls is the perfect lead-in to the following
announcement about our upcoming gull workshop:

Gull Workshop

Saturday, March 26, 2016 at 8:00 am

Stratford Point, Stratford

Join us as we look for and learn about the gulls of Connecticut.  Patrick
Comins will share his considerable knowledge about how to identify members
of this extraordinarily challenging group of birds.  We'll look for gulls
along the shore and have a sit down session where we'll go over the finer
points of gull ID.  This is a good time of year to find rarities, such as
Black-headed, Little, and Mew Gulls.  We may visit other sites such as Long
Beach in Stratford, Seaside Park in Bridgeport, and Southport Beach,
depending on where the gulls are congregating. Meet at Audubon Connecticut's
Habitat Management Area at 1207 Prospect Drive, Stratford.  Please carpool
with other attendees, if possible, to reduce the number of cars traveling
from one location to another. The workshop is free and open to COA members
and non-members alike.

Leaders:  Patrick Comins, et al. Contact person: Chris Loscalzo at:
closcalz at optonline.net or 203 389-6508.

Advance registration is not required, but it would be nice to hear from
those birders who are planning on attending so we'll have an idea of how
many people to expect for the event.  I'll

announce the workshop again at the COA annual meeting on March 19th.

Chris Loscalzo,

Woodbridge