[CT Birds] New Haven eagles

Kevin Doyle kevindoyle01 at charter.net
Sat Mar 12 21:51:54 EST 2016

Spent Saturday with the NH eagles. I was advised that the female was sitting in a tree on the West River for most of the day and the male was prepping the nest. This turned out to be true with the male making 6 trips (short) just across Ella Grasso Blvd. Picking what he needed. Still find it hard to believe this will be their home but he fits in rather well. Good luck Monk Parakeets.  Boy do they scatter when he comes in. My question has anyone else who has captures noticed that either the male or female is banded. The one picture I have shows either a silver band and the other red. Just curious as to where this eagle was tagged and if its a CT born creature.

Also on the West River in the area of the perched eagle were wood ducks, green wing teals, blue wing teals, common mergansers, hoodies, mallards and we believe one northern shoveler (spelling)

More ducks seen here today than at my other local spots. Going back Sunday to look for them.

Kevindoyle01 at charter.net
New Milford, CT

Sent from TypeApp