[CT Birds] Big 7 YES!

Jo jo_fasciolo at msn.com
Sun Mar 13 14:43:43 EDT 2016

We didn't set off the day trying to see all 7 but they have literally come to us! We see red bellies and downies everyday on our feeder. My FOY flicker greeted me when I stepped out my front door. My husband just got a job at GE in Fairfield (near Mohegan Lake property) - he took me to see his office and a hairy was there when we got out of the car. As we were walking we saw more downy and red-bellies. As we were returning back to the car a sap sucker landed in the tree in front of us. At that point I was reminded of the recent big 7 posts and decided to go to Earthplace in Norwalk where I have seen pileated before. We didn't even have to get out of the car, as there was one right in the pine in front of us!  Hence, the trip to Hadlyme (thank you Dan for the great directions) where, YES we saw the red-headed woodpecker. I am so thankful!!!

:) Jo Fasciolo
Norwalk

Sent from my iPhone