[CT Birds] Blue-winged Teal, Firehouse Pond, North Guilford

Paul Smith paulsmith29 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 10 21:03:50 EST 2016

I went by Firehouse Pond in North Guilford (3087 Durham Road) before work this morning, hoping to see the Redheads that had been reported.  I was surprised to find a pair of male Blue-winged Teals in breeding plumage instead.  They were swimming on the northeast side of the pond shortly after I arrived, but left within ten minutes.

Apologies for the late notice ... this is the first chance I've had to make a report after long day at work.

Paul Smith
New Haven