[CT Birds] Station 43

jaybrd49 at aol.com jaybrd49 at aol.com
Mon Mar 14 17:54:03 EDT 2016

Depends on what you want to see.  The waterfowl migration is winding down.  If you are looking for songbirds and specialty birds like Least Bittern, you might wait until early May, however, there is always the possibility of seeing something good in that area.  A word of caution...beavers have dammed the brook and there is flooding on the trail into the main marsh.  Boots are  good idea.

FYI - there are two books out about places to go in CT. They may be a little bit dated, but are recommended reading for places to look for birds.  These include Birds in Connecticut: A Habitat Based Guide to 450 sites by Rosgen and Billings and Connecticut Birding Guide by Devine and Smith.  I suggest you try to find one or both.

Good birding,

Jay Kaplan
Canton