[CT Birds] Rusty Blackbird Spring Migration Blitz: Get Ready!

Scott Kruitbosch skruitbosch at rtpi.org
Tue Mar 15 12:44:06 EDT 2016

The Rusties are coming! Rusty Blackbirds are moving northward from their
southeastern U.S. wintering grounds, and they are headed towards
Connecticut, so get ready to go out and start searching! The Rusty
Blackbird Spring Migration Blitz is now officially open in Connecticut,
and we encourage all birders to participate.

Helping out is easy - bird as you normally do and search especially
carefully for Rusty Blackbirds, and report your results to eBird under
the “Rusty Blackbird Spring Migration Blitz” survey type. Or, visit one
of our Rusty Blackbird Areas of Interest (visit our interactive map at
http://rustyblackbird.org/outreach/migration-blitz/2015-areas-of-interest/)
to help us assess consistency of migratory timing and habitat use during
spring migration.

For more information on Blitz objectives, along with Rusty Blackbird
identification tips, data collection instructions, and data reporting
information, you can find additional resources at
http://rustyblackbird.org/outreach/migration-blitz/. We hope you’ll “get
Rusty” with us to help conserve this elusive and vulnerable songbird!

Thank you!
Scott

--
Scott Kruitbosch