[CT Birds] Stn 43

Paul Desjardins paul.desjardins2 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 21:06:04 EDT 2016

Sorry for not responding sooner. This area is what I call my patch. It stretches from Vibert Road in the south to Strong Road to the north and is bounded by the Connecticut River to the west and Main Street to the east. Over the years I have seen 233 species here and heard one additional- Chuck Wills Widow. The habitat is varied and that is why it attracts so many different species. Notables have included Tundra Swan, Eurasian Wigeon, Common Gallinule, Sandhill Crane(twice), 25 shorebird species including Whimbrel and Stilt Sandpiper, Red Headed Woodpecker, Western Kingbird(twice), Sedge Wren, Connecticut Warbler(several times), Blue Grosbeak, Dickcissel(twice) and Clay Colored Sparrow(twice) among others. Least Bittern nests here as do a few Bobolinks. So as you can see this is one of the best places to bird in Connecticut and who knows what may turn up in the years to come!

Paul Desjardins
Windsor Locks