[CT Birds] Stn 43 Access

Paul Desjardins paul.desjardins2 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 05:46:56 EDT 2016

Dan. I have been there hundreds of times and have never had a problem entering the area. The only word of caution I can offer is during the hunting season it may be best to only bird there on Sundays. Our club, Hartford Audubon owns 9 acres of marsh land along side the trail. You can enter the area by driving down Vibert Road where it ends at the river and then hiking in any direction you desire. Do not be intimidated by the no trespassing signs. I have encountered the land owners over the years and they are o k with birders. The other access point is at the corner of Newberry Road and Main Street. Park near the stop sign on Main Street and walk in using the trail between the two houses. Just stay on the trail being careful not to walk on the lawns. I have known the house owner on the left whose name is Pete for over 38 years and he is knows about the situation of birders going in there. Hope this helps with anyone contemplating visiting this remarkable birding area.

Paul Desjardins
Windsor Locks