[CT Birds] Passing through Burlington

Jonathan Schwartz jonathan at jschwartz.com
Fri Mar 18 09:03:33 EDT 2016

The birds that passed through my yard yesterday, drinking, feeding, and

Blue Jays – lots of them

Bluebirds  -  nesting in a box near my suet feeder (which they like)

Cardinal  -  what looks like a pair

Cowbirds – 3 males at the feeder for the last few mornings

Crows, American

Hawk, Red-Shouldered  - keeping a close eye on the feeders

Juncos  -  still about a dozen, starting to pair off

Mourning Doves  - flashing wings at each other

Nuthatch, White-Breasted

Ravens – pair that circles the property

Robin  -  one has claimed a tree in front

Sparrow, Fox

Sparrow, Song – very territorial

Sparrow, White-Throat

Towhee, Eastern female – the bird that wintered in a brush pile near my

Woodpecker, Red-Bellied

Woodpeckers, Downy

"The Internet:  Spreading Ignorance, Fear, and Outrage at the speed of

Information for students, parents and teachers at http://www.jschwartz.com