[CT Birds] COA Gull Workshop

Christopher Loscalzo closcalz at optonline.net
Sun Mar 20 21:35:24 EDT 2016

Greetings, fellow CT birders:

A friendly reminder that the COA Gull Workshop will be held this coming
Saturday.  The announcement is below.  All are welcome to attend.  Perhaps
we'll find another Mew Gull (like the two that were observed today at

Good birding,

Chris Loscalzo,

Gull Workshop

Saturday, March 26, 2016 at 8:00 am

Stratford Point, Stratford

Join us as we look for and learn about the gulls of Connecticut.  Patrick
Comins will share his considerable knowledge about how to identify members
of this extraordinarily challenging group of birds.  We'll look for gulls
along the shore and have a sit down session where we'll go over the finer
points of gull ID.  This is a good time of year to find rarities, such as
Black-headed, Little, and Mew Gulls.  We may visit other sites such as Long
Beach in Stratford, Seaside Park in Bridgeport, and Southport Beach,
depending on where the gulls are congregating. Meet at Audubon Connecticut's
Habitat Management Area at 1207 Prospect Drive, Stratford.  Please carpool
with other attendees, if possible, to reduce the number of cars traveling
from one location to another. The workshop is free and open to COA members
and non-members alike.

Leaders:  Patrick Comins, et al. Contact person: Chris Loscalzo at:
closcalz at optonline.net or 203 389-6508.