[CT Birds] String Fencing Dates - Volunteers Wanted!

Scott Kruitbosch skruitbosch at rtpi.org
Thu Mar 24 12:45:29 EDT 2016

String fencing and signage erection dates for Connecticut beaches in
spring 2016 are as follows and we need all the volunteers we can get!
This work protects Piping Plovers, Least Terns, American Oystercatchers
and Common Terns all summer long.

Wednesday, April 6th, 10:30 - Long Beach, Stratford
Meet at the far west parking area.

Monday, April 11th, 10:00 - Sandy/Morse Points, West Haven
Meet in the parking lot.

Friday, April 15th, 10:00 - Bluff Point, Groton
Meet in the parking area and CT DEEP will shuttle people out to the beach.

Remember that any and all volunteers are welcome including those who are
not monitors. These dates are rain or shine, but snow or thunderstorms
will postpone them.

Volunteers should bring: work gloves, water, a snack, appropriate
footwear, sunscreen, sunglasses, hats and whatever else you may need
avoid too much sun. These locations can either be quite cool or very
warm depending on the day so dress for any weather. A pocket knife or
multi-tool can be handy and a sledge hammer or mallet can be helpful to
bring. Plan for heavy lifting and toting, but be mindful of your safety.
Please email us at ctwaterbirds at gmail.com if you can make it to any or
all of these dates. Thank you!

Scott

--