[CT Birds] Chipping Sparow and a mystery bird - need help

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Sat Mar 26 21:31:20 EDT 2016

Had 2 Chipping Sparrow in yard today, but also saw a mystery bird fly over house today, and I need help.I spotted 2 small birds flying North East very high up that were stubby and compact. First thought were Starlings but not their shape. Noticed they were all black cept for a lighter underbelly and small short head with no visible bill. Wing beat was fast and pointy. Seemed also to have no tail just coming to a point to the back. Now Im not an expert on ocean birds, but I thought, could  they Possible have been Dovekies? Have they ever been seen inland here in CT? Might they have been migrants going north inland, or do they always follow the coast? Sure would like to know the answers to my questions.......please respond if you know anything about these birds.
Thanks - Paul Carrier - Harwinton