[CT Birds] 3/20 Hammonasset Mew Gulls

Nick Bonomo nbonomo at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 07:57:45 EDT 2016

For those interested in looking for these birds today, here is a quick
note on yesterday afternoon at Hammo as there was little detail posted
later in the day. I will add more detailed notes and photos after work
today.

The two adult-like Mew Gulls, one the European canus form and one the
North American brachyrhynchus form, were present from ~11am-3pm
yesterday in the same flock of plankton-feeding gulls close to the
Meigs Point jetty.

Apparently not long after I left around 3pm many of the gulls moved
further offshore, and lighting conditions deteriorated, though the
bulk of the flock seemed to remain in the area as far as I understood.

Nick Bonomo
Wallingford, CT
www.shorebirder.com