[CT Birds] Red-winged blackbird, at last - Washington, CT

John D Babington davewb07 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 21 10:08:35 EDT 2016

Yesterday (the first day of Spring) at my bird feeder here in Washington, CT I had a male Red-winged Blackbird on the ground below the feeder. The blackbird did not stay long but got counted for my Feeder Watch weekend tally. Despite the cold weather on the  first day of Spring and the inch of snow here today I know Spring is here as I consider the appearance of a Red-winged Blackbird a true sign that Spring is here.

David W BabingtonWashington, CT