[CT Birds] Gull Frenzy off the Point

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Tue Mar 22 12:33:47 EDT 2016

Word must have gotten out of some good eats off Stratford Point.  There is a growing flock of plankton feeding gulls just off the point.  I did a quick scan and didn't find anything unusual, but there are about 1,000 gulls with more coming in every moment.  I probably won't have time to scan them much, but if anyone is looking for some plankton feeding action we have it here.

Other highlights, a Snowy Owl earlier eating some sort of duck, perhaps a female Mallard and a small flock of Horned Larks.

Patrick

Phone: (203)405-9115

Please join us on April 27 for Audubon Connecticut's Environmental Leadership Awards Benefit: EXPERIENCE NATURE!
We are honoring the Gregory Family for creating a legacy of wildlife conservation, and Melissa Spear of Common Ground for inspiring the next generation's dedication to nature! Proceeds benefit Audubon's conservation and education work throughout all communities of Connecticut.
To purchase tickets or make a donation, please visit  http://ct.audubon.org/environmental-leadership-awards-benefit