[CT Birds] weekend gull/plankton update

Nick Bonomo nbonomo at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 16:53:05 EDT 2016

For those wondering about the state of the plankton/gull event along
the coast, here's what I gathered from my observations and those with
whom I was in touch over the weekend.

The only concentrations noted were off the Long Beach, Stratford area
and, on Sunday morning, at Penfield Reef and Southport Beach. There
were 75 Bonaparte's Gull at Southport Beach on Sunday morning during
my brief stop.

Hammonasset was very quiet, as was the West Haven coast (including
Oyster River mouth).

As usual, any updates on these gull flocks in the coming days would be
appreciated.

Nick Bonomo
Wallingford, CT
www.shorebirder.com