[CT Birds] Overshoot possibilities

Nick Bonomo nbonomo at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 20:28:15 EDT 2016

We are entering that spring period during which strong southwest flows
and/or strong low pressure systems can result in southern species
overshooting their breeding range and appearing in Connecticut. For
example, we will experience some solid southwest winds over the next
couple days. It may seem a bit early to get out looking for warblers
as we are not quite yet into April, but it's about time. At this early
point, perhaps two of the more likely species to turn up are
Yellow-throated Warbler and Swallow-tailed Kite as they are already
closer than most of the others. But there are several possibilities to
keep in mind.

Nick Bonomo
Wallingford, CT
www.shorebirder.com