[CT Birds] Red Headed Woodpeckers

dwisneski2 at cox.net dwisneski2 at cox.net
Mon Apr 4 17:44:22 EDT 2016

HI, I've never been to this location. when you say "...at the usual location" ,
where exactly is that. I would like to drive down there (from Wethersfield) and
see the red-headed woodpecker. can you help me?
thanks,
Doug

---- Patrick and Christine Tamborra via CTBirds <ctbirds at lists.ctbirding.org> wrote:

At the usual Whalebone Creek location, at about 11:30 AM, the woodpecker was sighted by Chris and I.  On the way home, we stopped at the intersection of Rt 82 and Rt 156 where there is a beaver pond.  We saw another (?) Red-Headed Woodpecker.  It was going back and forth the road in trees.  It was 15 minutes later and about five miles from usual bird.  East Haddam, CT  Pat and Chris Tamborra