[CT Birds] Stratford Point Work Party, Sunday May 1st.

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Fri Apr 8 11:24:52 EDT 2016

We have scheduled our first work party of the season for Stratford Point to plant two feed plots to make the site even more awesome for birds and biding in fall migration.  We will be planting various millets, sunflowers and other food producing annuals in two gardens, one exposed and one sheltered to attract sparrows and other seed eating birds and fatten them up for migration.      The work party will be Sunday, May 1st 10 AM (to give you a few hours of birding beforehand) until we're done.  Rain date will likely be Saturday, May 7th, when we will be having a second work day.   Hopefully everyone can see the event even if they don't belong to Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1276746395686722/

Please bring work gloves and garden rakes. Donations of funds, plants or seeds to bolster the gardens will be greatly appreciated.   Thanks to an IBA small matching grant from the Jeniam Foundation and donations from Tina Green and the Happy Wren for making this possible. Bring gloves and garden rakes. We are working on getting some food to feed the hungry volunteers.

Thank you!

Patrick

Phone: (203)405-9115

Please join us on April 27 for Audubon Connecticut's Environmental Leadership Awards Benefit: EXPERIENCE NATURE!
We are honoring the Gregory Family for creating a legacy of wildlife conservation, and Melissa Spear of Common Ground for inspiring the next generation's dedication to nature! Proceeds benefit Audubon's conservation and education work throughout all communities of Connecticut.
To purchase tickets or make a donation, please visit  http://ct.audubon.org/environmental-leadership-awards-benefit