[CT Birds] Eastern towhee - Washington, CT

John D Babington davewb07 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Apr 5 09:13:06 EDT 2016

I was wondering if the male Eastern Towhee I saw this Winter made it through the Winter or not.. While at dinner here early yesterday evening (April 4, 2015, Monday, 6:30 PM) I saw a male Eastern Towhee, briefly, in bushes outside the large window of our dinning area here in Washington, CT. Nice to see that the towhee survived the Winter, they are a hardy species and adjust their diet in the Winter. Unlike the many reports here of signs of Spring with birds, no signs of Spring bird wise here yet. Of course we have 3 inches of snow on the ground here and it was 15 F when we got up here this morning.
David W BabingtonWashington, CT