[CT Birds] Update RE: Dark-eyed Iceland...or...long beach

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Wed Apr 6 13:29:09 EDT 2016

I'm strongly leaning towards a very dark-winged and dark-eyed Iceland Gull for this bird.   The darkest one I've had in CT.   I might venture to call it a "tweener" and would certainly not pass as a Kumlien's Iceland Gull on the west coast, but it won't pass as a Thayer's on the east coast (I think).  I could send pics if anyone would like to see them.

Patrick

Phone: (203)405-9115

Please join us on April 27 for Audubon Connecticut's Environmental Leadership Awards Benefit: EXPERIENCE NATURE!
We are honoring the Gregory Family for creating a legacy of wildlife conservation, and Melissa Spear of Common Ground for inspiring the next generation's dedication to nature! Proceeds benefit Audubon's conservation and education work throughout all communities of Connecticut.
To purchase tickets or make a donation, please visit  http://ct.audubon.org/environmental-leadership-awards-benefit