[CT Birds] Wallingford Osprey??

mary mushinsky marymushinsky at att.net
Wed Apr 6 14:18:09 EDT 2016

Nope, not too far inland. We have osprey in Wallingford. They have built nests on communication towers here and regularly catch fish in the Quinnipiac and adjacent ponds and at North Farms Reservoir on Rte. 68.  They started moving inland a few years ago as they got more successful at nesting in the Quinnipiac marshes and the population dispersed. This is a wonderful change from the 1970's, when they almost went extinct in CT.Mary Mushinsky, Wallingford