[CT Birds] Stratford Point Scoters

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Fri Apr 8 14:59:30 EDT 2016

A flock of 85 Surf Scoters just flew in and landed off the point.     There have been few scoters around this year and this is about the biggest flock.   Unfortunately, they are still fairly distant.    I took a couple of minutes to scope them as they were landing and afterwards and I wasn't able to pick out a single black or White-winged in the flock.

Other than that, a few Northern Gannets and a singing Eastern Towhee have been the highlights today.

Patrick

Phone: (203)405-9115

Please join us on April 27 for Audubon Connecticut's Environmental Leadership Awards Benefit: EXPERIENCE NATURE!
We are honoring the Gregory Family for creating a legacy of wildlife conservation, and Melissa Spear of Common Ground for inspiring the next generation's dedication to nature! Proceeds benefit Audubon's conservation and education work throughout all communities of Connecticut.
To purchase tickets or make a donation, please visit  http://ct.audubon.org/environmental-leadership-awards-benefit