[CT Birds] Nehantic State Forest Lyme birds

David Provencher provedf at comcast.net
Fri Apr 8 15:45:04 EDT 2016

Went for a hike in Nehantic State Forest in Lyme today to stretch my legs
and check on migration. Returning migrants are still very thin in numbers
and some species I expected back I failed to find. In addition to the more
common residents were AMERICAN WOODCOCK, TREE SWALLOWS and BARN SWALLOW,
EASTERN PHOEBE (5), HERMIT THRUSH, PINE WARBLER (4), EATERN TOWHEE (3), and
1 SWAMP SPARROW. The most common species in the forest today was
BROWN-HEADED COWBIRD, which was nearly ubiquitous.

Dave Provencher