[CT Birds] CACC

Beverly Propen bpropen at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 18:50:46 EDT 2016

4/13  Low tide.  Sunny, 45-50F
Very active on the marsh and grounds today.  4 ospreys total.  2 on the
nest, and 2 circling.
Female osprey this year is extremely dark brown. At 10:30 the male osprey
was eating a fish on the ground under the nest. and at 11:55, another
osprey eating a fish.
2 Great Egrets. 2 Snowy egrets, 14 Black ducks, 16 Mute swans, 75+ Green
winged teals (conservative estimate), 2 Mallards, Gadwalls far out, 6
Canada Geese, 100+ "peeps" flew around, but i couldn't identify since they
were far out and flying, 2 Yellowlegs (Greater, I think).
1 Purple Martin in the gourds, while numerous house sparrows flitted in and
out.
Common Grackles, Mourning doves( 1 was collecting twigs), two juvenile
mourning doves that just flew out of the nest in our rafters, Red winged
blackbirds singing, 4 American Crows, 1 Red bellied woodpecker, 1 Song
sparrow, 1 white throated sparrow, 1 House finch (male),  1 Tree swallow
flying over, 1 Starling, numerous Robins and 1 Chickadee.
Bev Propen, Orange