[CT Birds] California Gull yes

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Mon Apr 11 13:54:19 EDT 2016

OK, a bit red faced with embarrassment.   The bird I had was not the California Gull, but Dave Tripp and Fran Zygmont did get the real deal.    I'm still trying to figure out if my bird was an imposter or a second bird.    The mantle did seem darker, but not really a great day to judge shades of gray.   In any case, Dave and Fran photographed the correct bird just after our visit so the correct bird is there too.

Patrick

Phone: (203)405-9115