[CT Birds] Chipping Sparrow, Eastern Bluebird and more at Greenwich Audubon

Ian Devlin captain_ian at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 12 13:08:02 EDT 2016

Figured I'd try in the rain at Greenwich Audubon this morning. Aside from plane and car noise, it's a beautiful place with various habitats to choose your viewing from. A place I go time to time.

A few Eastern Bluebirds in the lower field. Two Chipping Sparrows (they always throw me off on their identification) chipping away with their calls from perimeter trees. Heard a couple Eastern Phoebes finally singing. American Goldfinches in the higher tree tops. Scattered American Robins, Red-winged Blackbirds, and Brown-headed Cowbirds. Didn't see or really hear any warbler activity, yet. A couple Palm Warblers was all I could find. Several Tree Swallows perched, and quite wet.

Didn't really venture into the swampy woods to try for thrushes.

With the rain and warmer weather forecasted, I'm thinking we may get a good push of life in the next week or so.

Capt. Ian Devlin
East Norwalk, CT.

Sent from my iPhone